This is a heads up about the fun activities planned for you so that you can get amped up for a great week getting to know each other and the rest of the college. The College of Med students work hard and play hard, and during your first week you will become very familiar with this philosophy!
Monday, August 14
- Welcome Back BBQ has been POSTPONED to August 21.
- 8:30pm-10:30pm – Welcome Back Beer Night ($10 all-you-can-drink beer for 2 hours, flip cup and beer pong tournaments vs. the upper years) presented by the upper-year students. Location: The Capitol
Tuesday, August 15
- 5:00pm – Top-Secret Welcome Event organized by the 2nd year students! A can’t miss event, usually >95% of 1st years attend. Location: E1130
Wednesday, August 16
- 5:30pm – Welcome BBQ presented by the Saskatchewan Medical Association (SMA). You must have RSVP’d to the SMA by August 9. This is a popular event to introduce you to the SMA with some free dinner and drinks for an all-around good time! Location: Boffins
Thursday, August 17
- 7:00pm-10:00pm – Karaoke Night welcome from the clerks (3rd/4th years). A pretty laid back night to relax and meet your classmates and upper-years over appys and pitchers of beer. Location: Amigos Cantina
Friday, August 18
- 9:00pm-2:00am – Med Night Tight N Bright Glow Party presented by the upper-year. $10 for a ticket (super cheap drinks and free food from 9-11pm) – tickets can be purchased throughout Welcome Week at lunch time in the E-Wing atrium (look for the teal med backpacks!). Location: PiNK Lounge and Nightclub
Saturday, August 19
- Healthcare Classic slo-pitch tournament (I know what you’re thinking – the day after a pubcrawl, are you crazy!? But I once had an organic chem professor tell me that fresh oxygen is probably the best cure for a hangover due to the way you metabolize alcohol, and he should know, right?)
- Information for Healthcare Classic Registration can be found HERE.
Monday, August 21
- 6:00pm-8:00pm – Welcome Back BBQ for students, staff, and faculty of the CoM presented by the SMSS ($5 for a burger, drink, and chips). Location: Diefenbaker Park (behind Education)
We highly encourage you to plan to make it out to most or all of these events, as you really don’t want to miss out and we can’t wait to meet you all! Although there are many events where alcohol is available during welcome week, it is purely optional and we respect that there are many people who choose not to partake in drinking. That’s totally ok, still come have fun with us!
But, like I said, “work hard, play hard,” so you still have to go to all of your classes during welcome week. We’ve all done it (and will do it again) and now we’re passing the torch… Join us for a great week of events!