As many of you are aware, the upcoming SonoSymposium on April 3rd will be featuring a Sonogames competition. This competition promises to be a great time for participants and spectators alike! We are looking for first and second year students who would like a chance to participate on a Sonogames team, and battle it out for some awesome prizes.
On March 23, USUS will be holding try-outs for teams from 6-9pm. Try-outs will be done individually, and the top participants will be assigned to a team with a resident captain, and compete on April 3rd.
In order to sign up for the try-outs, you must be registered for the Sonosymposium. Registration can be found here: https://www.picatic.com/event14425321032729
Once signed up for the symposium, please go to https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1uaFiAbZwgUfmsyVVWFiui0mevfW3QRyouI7o_7_uod4/viewform to sign up for the tryouts by Sunday, March 20th at 4:30pm.
The try-outs will consist of the following events:
- When instructed, obtain a subxphoid cardiac view
- Identify the “7” sign
- Sweep through entire structure
- Once complete you will be told to advance to the next stage
- Obtain a view of the hepato-renal interface
- Sweep through the entire interface, ensuring the tip of the liver is in view
- Once complete, you will be told to advance to the next stage
- You will be presented with an image and asked to name the structure shown
For more detailed instruction on how to perform the scans in stages 1 and 2 please refer to:
For more information of the anatomy that is fair game, please refer to:
If you have any questions, please post them on the “Usask Ultrasound” Facebook page, so that all competitors/members may benefit.