We are now taking applications for the Round B Elections. This round has a lot of important roles that you can apply for, each with its own responsibilities.
To apply, please submit a personal statement (300 words or less) as to why you are the most qualified applicant for this position. This statement will be posted on the SMSS website during the election process.
Additionally, you are required to create a 2 minute video of your application. This video will be your speech to the college and will be played during the day of speeches, and will be followed by a question and answer period. You must contact myself and Kieran (firstname.lastname@example.org) BEFORE SEPTEMBER 5TH to be given access to a dropbox which will allow you to upload your video. Your video should be in mp4 format. AGAIN, please contact us BEFORE THE DEADLINE to gain access to the dropbox.
Nominations will need to be submitted to Isabel Hedayat and Kieran Johnson (email@example.com) by no later than Tuesday Sept 5th at midnight.
Speeches will take place on Thursday September 7th and Friday September 8th at lunch (12:30-1:30) in 1B11 (Saskatoon)/LC (Regina).
I have included the current person in each position for you to get in contact with if you have any questions about the position. I highly suggest you contact the individuals in the positions you are interested in before applying. Some of the positions have two year commitments. For information on each position, please follow this link to the SMSS Constitution: http://www.
saskmedstudents.com/wp- content/uploads/2015/12/SMSS- Constitution-20162017.pdf
The following positions are available to be filled for the 2017-2018 academic year:
Positions that are strongly recommended to be based in Saskatoon:
Positions for Regina or Saskatoon:
- Jr VP Internal (2 year position, Isabel Hedayat Med 2 – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jr VP External (2 year position, Odell Tan Med 2 – email@example.com)
- VP Communications (1 year position, Rebecca Whaley Med 3 – smss.vpcommunications@gmail.
- Jr Fundraising Representative (2 year position, Zunaira Jamil Med 2 – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jr SMA Representative (2 year position, Brooke Hoffman Med 2 – email@example.com)
- Jr GAAC Representative (2 year position, Alison White Med 2 – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Student Curriculum Review Committee (3 positions available, open to first years, Tatiana Fras Med 2 email@example.com; Huyen Vu Med 2 – firstname.lastname@example.org; Lily Xiao Med 2 – email@example.com)
If you have any questions about the elections process, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org