SMSS Position: Regina-Saskatoon Liaison
Appointed or Elected: Elected
Main responsibilities/description – Filled out by Brittany Albrecht, 2015-2016:
- Clothing Order – Coordinating the sale and distribution of SMSS clothing at the beginning of the school year.
- Campus Rec – Obtaining and distributing information about the U of R campus rec sports, as well as organizing and registering teams.
- Coordinating video conferencing to/from Regina
- HSSA Events – Events such as “Change Day” and “Movember” are the liaison’s job to execute in Regina
- Assisting the other SMSS positions – A lot of this position involves being available to help out the other Regina-based SMSS positions; in particular, VP Regina and the Social Director. Events such as: integration weekend, the curling bonspiel, blood drives, and pancake breakfasts often need assistance.
|3 benefits of the Position||3 challenges of the position|
|1. Because it is quite new, the position is very flexible; if there is a project you are passionate about, you have the freedom to put it into motion.||1. Due to the fact that the Regina campus is smaller, and the class in the year above you will be in JURSI, attendance to events (such as “change day”) will tend to be quite poor. At times it can be frustrating setting up events and knowing the turn-out is going to be poor.|
|2. Schedule friendly – The liaison position is less demanding than other positions tend to be.||2. Campus rec at the U of R tends to not communicate well, so it can be frustrating trying to get into contact with certain people.|
|3. Again, due to the fact that the position is fairly new and quite adaptable, any projects that you see others taking on can be part of your job.||3.|
|Name||Email Address||Year in Position|