Just a couple of messages to keep your brains a buzzing:
1. Dr. Thiel in Regina has put out the offer to help anyone who is looking to help out or get involved in research in the O/G departments in Saskatoon OR Regina! Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in more information!
2. Regina Meet and Greet is tonight! We hope you’ve RSVP’d, but let us know if your plans have changed last minute and you’d like to come/won’t be able to make it. Brewster’s on Albert at 7pm. (The Saskatoon Meet and Greet is February 25th – RSVP now open on the SMSS website)
3. Grand Rounds February resume: Use of ASA in the prevention of Preeclampsia and other adverse pregnancy outcomes. Bottom line: 162g OD HS starting before 16 weeks is the recommendation to prevent preeclampsia in high risk patients, as well as a modest benefit to decrease preterm birth, IUFD and other adverse maternal/fetal outcomes. A good history is the best screening tool to identify patients that would benefit from doppler U/S, but treatment should be initiated on suspicion without waiting for confirmation, as there are no significant adverse risks.
4. March/April C/S shadowing schedule to be released February 10th, watch out for it!
5. Lots of events coming up soon: Ultrasound scanning night (Feb 10th), Sexual Health Skills Night Saskatoon (March 21) and Skills Night Regina (March 23). Make sure you RSVP and watch out for more updates as they approach.