SMSS Travel Grants are our way of supporting students in research, further education and external opportunities. SMSS students attend conferences (presentations or as a delegate), workshops, and retreats may be eligible for SMSS travel grants. Please see the below forms for more information.
Application deadlines: October 15th and April 15th
- Events taking place between October 1 and May 31 need to be applied for by October 15th
- Events taking place between April 1st and November 31st need to be applied for by April 15th
- Event occurring in the months of October, November, April and May can be applied for in either of the 2 funding cycles.
- NOTE: An application can be submitted for an event that has occurred less than 2 weeks before the application deadline
- NOTE: IFMSA international exchanges are not eligible for SMSS Travel Award funding. Other funding may be available for international exchanges. Talk to the SMSS LEO for more details.
Questions regarding the application or funding process and completed applications, including all supporting documentation, should be directed to the SMSS Student Groups Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
** Students must provide evidence they were invited to present either a paper or lecture at the event. Evidence may be in the form of a letter or email from the conference organizer addressed to the student or his/her project supervisor.
To see who has Previously won SMSS travel Awards in 2015/2016 click here
If you receive a travel grant from the SMSS you will be notified 2-3 week after the application deadline. Once you have completed your travel you can then submit a travel grant expense claim form (submitted on the SMSS website) with your receipts to get reimbursement.
Upload Documents Here: